Why is livecode sniffing around my network

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 11 13:40:07 EST 2021

doc hawk wrote:

 > Little Snitch just reported,
 >
 >> LiveCode Business 9.6.2 (rc 1) (LiveCode-Business) wants
 >> to connect to docs-12-pro-max.local on TCP port 62078
 >
 > Why in the world is livecode sniffing about my localnet?

Is it sniffing when it's attempting to connect to a specific process on
a specific port?

I'd guess it's likely either LC's remote debugger or possibly the
Dictionary.

The Dict is heavily JavaScript-dependent, and JS doesn't execute in many
browsers from "file://", requiring localhost instead.

On the other hand, "12-pro-max" sounds like an iPhone model.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems