Multidimensional array issue

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Mar 8 20:36:02 EST 2021

Are you testing for empty, or are you testing if there is a value in an array variable? If there is no key matching your array variable, LC will return an empty string. An empty string is a value.

Mark is using a different method, seeing if a key of an array is itself an array. If bobtest ["value"] contains another array so that bobtest ["value"] ["anumber"] contains 1, then bobtest ["value"] is an array. If bobtest ["value"] contains 1 then it is not an array.

But getting the value of bobtest ["value"] ["number"] will return empty whether or not bobtest '{value"] is an array. This is why Mark is testing for an array rather than the value.

It seems a bit wonky, you might think, "Why not return an error?" But trust me, when you work with arrays, especially when it comes to datagrid data, this is the best course.

Bob S