tsNet mail message not formatting

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Mar 3 18:44:03 EST 2021

That answers my question. Actually, I have no idea why I don’t ALWAYS use open file for binary.

Bob S

On Mar 3, 2021, at 2:36 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

On 3/3/21 1:51 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode wrote:
If you want to be the most accurate (clear for others reading code) you would use the LF constant instead of CR since that is how it actually evaluates.  The only way to generate an actual CR within code is to use CRLF (which gets both) or use numtobyte(13).
If you export as text, then you get what is expected on Win/Linux and get CR on Mac (which is wrong in my opinion).

On the other hand, if you export text as binary you get whatever you wrote, and automatic line endings aren't converted.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay