use-livecode Digest, Vol 210, Issue 2

Mark Clark markclark at mac.com
Tue Mar 2 12:56:03 EST 2021

Hey Tom, the email I wrote about potential “integration" is almost five years old and things change. Primarily I think just a base set of S3 compatible (vs AWS hard coded) connectivity would be more than enough. It’s pretty trivial to use minio (or any compatible s3 object store) in conjunction with LC as is. The LC library doesn’t support multi-part and that’s a likely better thing to be looking at for their company vs. a tie in with a third party. The low hanging fruit is to allow connections to things other than amazon.

As you know, FOSS S3 compatible hosts can provide LC developers with all sorts of good things— temp urls, replacement for ftp, simple IAM workflows to provide registration keys without the overhead needed with a full LAMP stack. Just takes a little imagination, really. LC already has load stack from url so loading from minio/cloudian/scality et al would work quite well.

I am on the digest version of this list  so apologies for delayed response--

Mark