scripted find and find again...

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Sun Jun 27 04:46:02 EDT 2021

Paul:

 > It appears Livecode's language has no support for Backwards searching.

These days, for a one-off backward sequential find with no hints,
I'd be tempted to use a "last item of" calculation; short and simple.

 > With hints, so it shows you snippets of the matches for you to jump
 > to one rather then advancing sequentially through them?

To compile a complete list of matches, just search from the beginning.
You're providing random access to results, along with Next/Previous,
but the actual search is done in normal "forward" mode.

(And yes, I've done that once or twice.)

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"