AW: codesigning FAILS with Umlaute

toolbook at kestner.de toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Jun 17 03:02:27 EDT 2021

Hello Mark,

thank you for jumping in with your expertise - it works! I appreciate your
efforts very much!
I never would have dared to rename an app after signing and notarization.

I am so glad, you found a solution. My app is named since 12 years
"DGS-Wörterbuch", because the German spelling of "dictionary" is
"Wörterbuch" - with an Umlaut and nothing else. Every other spelling
wouldn't look very professional for a German.

So probably the other issue of my first post (fail on building a standalone
with Umlaut) is related to the new ad-hoc signing feature of LC 9.6. and is
based on the same codesign bug of xCode (it worked for years without
problems). I will send a bug report to Apple.

Thank you again!
Tiemo