bordercolor of buttons

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jun 9 04:09:51 EDT 2021

Hi Paul,

> Am 09.06.2021 um 05:35 schrieb Paul Hibbert via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Like Sean points out, this is caused by the “threeD” property being on.

I was not talking about a button with its 3D is ON!
Is nobody reading what I write?

Create a button of type "roundrect"
Uncheck 3D
Set its BORDERCOLOR
No change in bordercolor

Switch that buttons STYLE to "rectangle"
Et voila, now we can see the bordercolor!

Switch STYLE back to "roundrect" and if we now change the FOREGROUNDCOLOR
that will also affect the BORDER.

I do not need a workaround, I just want to know if this is a bug or feature!

> I totally agree that setting the "Border Color" Property would be much easier though.

So you also think this is not working as exspected, right? 8-)

> Paul

>> On 7Jun, 2021, at 7:53 AM, ELS Prothero via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>> This issue also confused me recently when I was making an app for my own use. It seems like an idiosyncrasy to me, even tho a pretty minor one that could be mentioned in the dictionary.
>> Best,
>> Bill
>>
>> William Prothero
>> https://earthlearningsolutions.org
>>
>>> On Jun 7, 2021, at 7:30 AM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sean,

>>> yes, but I was clearly referring to a button.

>>> AND if they are not "roundrect"!
>>> Then the BORDERCOLOR does nto work!
>>> It does if you switch to e.g. "rectangle".
>>>
>>> And that was puzzling me a bit. 8-)

Best

Klaus

--