workaround for cut-off text in native scroller?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 1 18:53:21 EDT 2021

Klaus wrote:

 > Am 01.06.2021 um 22:49 schrieb Richard Gaskin:
 >> No worries. All GUI OSes have had resizable windows since 1984.
 >> If you've ever scripted for them on the desktop you already have
 >> 90% of the habits needed to do the same on mobile.
 >
 > I never needed to do so in the last 21 years! :-D

I'm glad you mentioned that.

Resizable windows have been such a staple in software for so long, and
so well supported in MetaCard, SuperCard, Toolbook, Gain, and most other
GUI scripting tools, I've just taken for granted that anyone who's been
in the biz for a while has written plenty of resizeStack handlers.

But I've been learning recently that's not the case. A lot of very
experienced scripters have worked with dialogs, palettes, fixed-sized
windows, and all manner of menus, but somehow have never been asked to
make an app with resizable windows.

If I ever get around to writing an article on resizing strategies I'll
keep that in mind.  Helpful to learn about one more xTalk veteran in the
same boat.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems