[iOS] possible console bug

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jul 12 11:13:10 EDT 2021

> On 12 Jul 2021, at 16:02, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> If you run the app on a real iOS device, do you see your log messages in the device log for it? Could it be Apple are now funneling simulator logs into a pane in Xcode - like they do for devices, rather than have them go to the macOS system log?

Running the app on a real device doesn’t show the log either.

The organiser window of XCode has a specific “Open Console” button on the pane for the device you selected.

It opens the console and it doesn’t contain the data I’m trying to output from LiveCode. You need to tell it to stream the console data from the phone, it delivers a ton of garbage. Filtering by process or by the string I’m sending — which is a fixed string at this point since I’m just trying to get the console working — yields no result whatsoever.