How do I get the ID of a database?

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Fri Jul 9 22:30:21 EDT 2021

Hey Bob.... I don't understand the problem. Why don't you just store the ID
in a persistent place? i think you are over complicating something here.
Why can't YOU give it the name that you need and wnat it to be and then
store the ID with that name somewhere?

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the problem.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 8:03 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> Something like put revdb_databaseNamed(":MEMORY:") into tDBID.
>
> But thinking about it more, it's kind of irrelevant. Opening a database
> isn't like loading the information into some variable. The cursor is the
> actual data that needs to have housekeeping done on it.
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Jul 9, 2021, at 16:48 , Mark Wieder via use-livecode <
> >
> > How would you reference the database to get its ID?
> > That's a bit of circular reasoning.
> >
> > --
> > Mark Wieder
> > ahsoftware at gmail.com