revCopyFolder in LC Server

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Jan 27 07:26:23 EST 2021

Neville,

revCopyFolder is part of the revCommonLibary which is located in the folder Tools/Toolset/libraries within the LivecodeIDE app bundle (MacOS) or program folder (Windows).

The file revCommonLibrary.livecodescript is not included in the LivecodeServer Installation files by default.

You could either copy that library into your LivecodeServer folder on your webserver  and make use of the complete library or you just use that part that is needed and include that in your LivecodeServer script.

This is the complete revCopyFolder Handler from the common library

on revCopyFolder pSrcFolder, pDestFolder
   if the last char of pSrcFolder is "/" then delete the last char of pSrcFolder
   if the platform is "MacOS" then
      if "applescript" is in the alternateLanguages then
         if there is not a folder pDestFolder then
            create folder pDestFolder
         end if
         do revAppleScriptFull("copyFolder",pSrcFolder,pDestFolder) as "applescript"
         if word 1 of the result is "folder" then
            #Copy successful so don't return anything
            return empty
         else
            return the result
         end if
      else return "Error: AppleScript not installed"
   else if the platform is "Win32" then
      revSetWindowsShellCommand
      if there is a directory pDestFolder then
         set the itemDel to "/"
         if char -1 of pDestFolder is "/" then delete char -1 of pDestFolder

         local tLastItemOfSrcFolder
         put item -1 of pSrcFolder into tLastItemofSrcFolder
         put "/" & tLastItemofSrcFolder after pDestFolder
         create directory pDestFolder
      end if

      # TH-2008-03-11 : Fix for 5465, should remedy problem with copy sometimes crashing on vista
      # now use robocopy instead of xcopy if operating under vista.
      if the systemVersion is "NT 6.0" then
         get shell ("robocopy" && revWindowsFromUnixPath(quote&pSrcFolder&quote) && revWindowsFromUnixPath(quote&pDestFolder&quote) && "/E /NFL /NDL /NS /NC /NJH /NJS")
      else
         get shell ("xcopy /I /E /Y /R" && revWindowsFromUnixPath(quote&pSrcFolder&quote) && revWindowsFromUnixPath(quote&pDestFolder&quote))
      end if

   else
      get shell ("cp -rf" && quote&pSrcFolder&quote && quote&pDestFolder&quote)
   end if
   return the result
end revCopyFolder

Regards,