Stack check-out/check-in

Marty Knapp martyknappster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 19:24:52 EST 2021

I have an app that allows user to create specialized editable documents (stacks) that open in my app. Some customers use Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive or similar to store these documents so that they can be accessed from 2 different computers. Is there a way to tell if a stack is already open on one computer? I need to prevent them from opening a 2nd instance of the stack on the other computer so that Dropbox (or other cloud sync service) does not create a conflicted copy.

If there is not a way to tell, has anyone created some sort of stack check-out/check-in system that they'd be willing to share? I need this for Mac, PC and mixed.

Marty