How to find the offset of the first character in a string that's not a tab?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Thu Jan 21 09:36:46 EST 2021

Thanks Brian. I looked at matchChunk in the dictionary & it seems to return a boolean, rather than the offset.

Thanks all - I’ve stopped trying to find the syntax for ‘find any char but this’ in offset and instead, taken Dick’s advice to iterate through the chars and count the loops until char <> tab. :)
Best,
Keith