Considering work with livecode server

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jan 20 01:57:42 EST 2021

kee nethery wrote:

 > On Jan 19, 2021, at 7:58 AM, Mark Smith wrote:
 >>
 >> Hi Andre, how are “apps to bundled content” different from “apps that
 >> are portals to web content" (Jacque’s description)? Or put another
 >> way, if someone wanted to design a tourist app that highlighted
 >> interesting local tourist destinations near them with a link you can
 >> click on to purchase tickets or book reservations etc, would that
 >> violate Apple’s guidelines? Asking for a friend :)
 >
 > Pick me! I know this one!
 >
 > An app to bundled content means that they can review everything that
 > is going to get displayed to a user and approve or deny based upon the
 > content they review.
 >
 > An app to web content is a mystery app. Your restaurant review app
 > that pulls from the web could easily be transformed into a pedophile
 > shopping app by entering a secret pass phrase and then changing the
 > data on the web site. (as an extreme example)

Any data can be replaced with porn or other contraband.

Any app can transform itself at a later date into something other than
what was reviewed.

Neither can be prevented.

Both are remedied with banning.

This is not unique to LiveCode; it applies to all apps.

So don't do that, in any language.

I've seen no restrictions on specific binary formats. Stack files,
spreadsheets, interactive books -- all variants of the same thing.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems