Is there a way to manually trigger GC?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sun Jan 17 12:19:08 EST 2021

Hi Tom,

Garbage Collection and releasing memory is not an
easy problem to solve.  It would be better to try to
figure out why your application is chewing up so
much memory on load.

Load times can be improved by only loading in
stuff that you absolutely need to access at the
moment to display to your user.  If you can stall
out performance.  This is usually things like trying
to load tons of images all at once for a game etc.

On the plus side, the fact that memory use drops
down after load to under 100 mb is good.

If you are using a lot of images, are they part of
the stack or are you trying to load them after the
program is running?

Lots of things affect performance.  Try to think
of what might be hampering that.

Good luck!

Rick