opened socket in IDE prevents script changes

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Sat Jan 16 11:00:58 EST 2021

Look in the script editor breakpoints tab. If there are any there delete them. Just spitballing.

Bob S

On Jan 16, 2021, at 7:10 AM, Bernard Devlin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

Hi Bernd

Thanks for the suggestion. But I think the evidence points away from this.

One thing I've done is
- change the script (could be just addition of a comment)
- copy entire script
- apply & close
- re-open script editor --> *change is missing*

- close IDE
- re-open LC
- open stack script in editor
- delete entire script
- paste script from clipboard
- apply & close
- re-open script editor --> *change is now there*

As soon as I open a socket, back to the situation that where script
changed, apply etc. does not take. And closing all sockets does not work
(although there is always one socket left open, which I believe is a socket
the IDE creates in the background).

I'm working on the assumption that it's something to do with the way I'm
reading/writing to the socket.

It's definitely strange.  But if I can get to the bottom of this it will
help others. The weird thing is that everything is working with the socket
communications, no script or runtime errors thrown by LC, yet this working
app breaks the IDE in the sense that LC is no longer a dynamic scripting
environment (for me anyway).

It's important to get to the bottom of this as it makes LC look bad,
especially the numerous crashes, which all seem to be related to setting
breakpoints in the script editor to try and get to the bottom of what was
not working. At least on OSX I'm getting crash logs in the console.
Strangely the crash errors are not all the same.

Regards
Bernard