LC & Mac M1 Chip

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 03:48:54 EST 2021

Hmm: Yes, I do work occasionally on a couple of G5 iMac I have lying
around, and, more often, a G4 Mac Mini
(a lovely machine I can shove in my bag and run back and forth between
home and work): BUT, to tell the  truth,
at the moment my main work is spread between a 2018 Mac Mini (the last
INTEL model) running macOS 11.2 and an ASUS
laptop running Xubuntu 20.10.

Apple, like Microsoft, is a profoundly undemocratic institution. This
should not matter if the 'great dictator' is
truly 'great' (and even the sainted Steve Jobs has feet of clay); but
those types of dictators only crop up in places
like Plato's Laws and fairy stories.

When I read Plato's Laws I got an ENTIRELY different picture from all
those 'leisurely chats' between Socrates
and his chums.

A company with no checks and balances, and that doesn't listen to its
customers, is going to have more than the
odd wonky moment.

Currently the 'great dictator' of my company (me) is listening to the
Bulgarian Ministry of Education, the parents
of children who attend my language school, 3 trustworthy doctors, my
assistant, and so on: as not sure when
to stop delivering online classes and restart in the physical school, or
whether to provide a 'mixed service' with
both online and 'offline' classes (also known as logistical hell).
Obviously if I don't listen AND act on what I hear
in a way that keeps the majority happy, I'm shafted.

All I can say, with a smile on my lips, is "Thank God" I only have 50
kids to worry about.

Richmond.