Building a Standalone MacOS App in 9.6.1

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Jan 6 09:48:08 EST 2021

macOS Catalina or Big Sur apps have to be code signed AND notarized. You
must have the command line tools installed and there is a non-trivial
number of commands you have to execute to prepare you app for code
signing, then code sign it, and then notarize it, including obtaining an
app specific password from Apple.

Livecode has a pretty decent tutorial on their web site on the whole
lengthy process.