LC, Mac Mail & Rules

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Tue Feb 23 22:19:49 EST 2021

I have a script in my LC server that composes an email
and sends it to my Mac Mail Inbox.

I have set up a rule that says if the subject is “Something Cool”
and it was sent to my email at CoolPlace then it replies to
a different email address with another message.

It works in Mac OS Catalina, except - the subject line
ends up being a Hexadecimal code like 3b00 or dd71,
instead of being “RE: Something Cool”.

I find I can reproduce the problem if I just send an
email to my CoolPlace address with the triggering
subject line.

I’m thinking this is a bug in Catalina, but I need someone
to try out the problem for confirmation.  If RULES work
well for everyone else then I know it’s something
wrong with my computer.

Please let me know your results.

Thanks,

Rick