[OT] Poll: What does it mean for 1 rect to be 'within' a certain distance of another rect?

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Mon Feb 15 18:21:46 EST 2021

Hi,
No point reinventing the wheel..

Lots of other way. Distance between two near or far edges. distance between
corners, distance to centers, or area median, area of space between,
overal usage area minus the area used by the two rectangles. Math is fun.
Keeps us in business.

Google (distance between two rectangles):

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4978323/how-to-calculate-distance-between-two-rectangles-context-a-game-in-lua

https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/2724537/finding-the-clear-spacing-distance-between-two-rectangles

https://www.wyzant.com/resources/answers/583373/finding-the-distance-between-two-rectangles

https://www.programmersought.com/article/44554760896/

etc

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 22:53, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <