Codesigning & notarizing

Marty Knapp martyknappster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:45:40 EST 2021

Mark,
When I create a new, empty test stack and save as a standalone using versions 9.6.0, 9.6.1 and 9.6.2, I right-click the resulting app to show contents and there is a folder “_CodeSignature” and inside that is a “CodeResources” file. When I build a test standalone with LC 9.5.1 that folder is not present. So LC must have started codesigning as you described starting with 9.6.0.

I can build a standalone in 9.6.1, codesign with AppWrapper and it notaries and runs fine. It’s when I do the build with 9.6.2 - it will run before I codesign with AppWrapper but after I codesign with AppWrapper - then it crashes on startup. It is a Levure-based app. If I create an empty test stack, build with 9.6.2, then codesign with AppWrapper it will open without a problem. So it looks like something specific to Levure or some combination of Levure, the version of my X-code (I’m on Mojave running X-Code 10.1 it looks like.) and LC 9.6.2.

Marty