Double sided PDF Problem

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Feb 3 05:58:51 EST 2021

On 03/02/2021 05:33, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Paul McClernan wrote:
>
>  > I'm sure this could all be worked out as far as how to do the
>  > layout and printing directly from LiveCode... but why?
>
> Why? On a LiveCode list you have to ask why? :)

For what it's worth, a while back (when I had time and access to a laser
cutter) I built a little flap card box (this sort of thing
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0099/2822/products/flipbookit-dove-animation_540x.gif?v=1568704931).

Then I had to write code in LC to lay out the frames of a gif so that when
printed double-sided on card, they'd be cut out with top half of one frame on
one side of a flap, followed by the bottom half of the next frame on the other
side. (And also to generate the SVG to cut out all the flaps.)

LC is _obviously_ the right choice for this kind of thing!

Ben