Using MySQL on (headless) Linux

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Feb 2 04:48:52 EST 2021

Hi Mark,

On 02/02/2021 09:03, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
>> I'll report (2) and (3) formally when I've done a bit more
>> investigation. I'd still love to know what I'm doing wrong, in
>> relation to (1).
>
> Please don't - as neither are bugs :)

The "investigation" I referred to was putting this message on the mailing list
and waiting to be corrected! Investigation complete.

And more generally -
> If you want a headless (community) engine which has dependencies then all
> you have to do is deploy a standalone with a launcher stack embedded into
> it.
  - thank you. A very long time ago I think I knew this, and indeed used to
send colleagues to Ken Ray's page where he made some handy standalones
available. I'll take your advice.

best regards,

Ben