Spring 2021 xAPI Cohort starts this week -- How to Join -- Was: xAPI Cohort Resources & xAPI in LiveCode

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Mon Feb 1 15:29:55 EST 2021

Hi to any LiveCode users interested in deploying their solutions in a training environment

You may have wanted to make your app available to educators but they need something that will integrate with their Learning Management System (LMS) or store learning activities in their Learning Record Store (LRS)  using the Experience API (xAPI).
A group of LiveCoders has formed that will be joining the Spring 2021 xAPI Cohort to learn more about those technologies and work together as a team to see how they could be implemented using LiveCode.

On the xAPI cohort website https://xapichort.com <https://xapichort.com/> it describes the cohort as follows:

"The xAPI Learning Cohort is a free, vendor-neutral, 12-week learning-by-doing project-based
team learning experience about the Experience API. “

The Spring semester of xAPI cohort starts this week so we will have a pre meeting for LiveCoders and then there will be the initial session of the cohort.  See the details below.

LiveCoders Pre meeting
Tues Feb 2, 1:00 - 3:00  pm EST.
If you are interested and want to find out more or want to get involved we are having meeting for people interested on Tues Feb 2, 1:00 - 3:00  pm EST.  Respond to this thread if you want to attend and we will send you the Zoom link.

Spring 2021 xAPI Cohort
Thursday Feb 4 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm.

The first session of the the cohort will happen on Thursday Feb 4, 2021 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm.  To attend and get access to the resources available sign up here: https://xapicohort.com/ <https://xapicohort.com/>.
Also sign up to their Slack workspace https://xapi-cohort.slack.com/ <https://xapi-cohort.slack.com/> to get more information.  Once in the Slack Channel you can join the  #discuss-dev-livecode channel.

Martin Koob (sending this out on behalf of Brian Duck and the rest of the group)