installing and running LC on 'headless' linux server

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Feb 1 04:52:17 EST 2021

Thanks Mark (and Matthias). That's very useful info which I'll stash for
another time.

In this case I really don't want to use the LC code over HTTP. It is purely a
utility to run locally on this machine at scheduled intervals, in support of
some other processes.

For several reasons it would be more convenient to run it as a stack rather
than just a script, though it would be possible to go the latter way.

So two questions:

- just to be clear, does LiveCode Server only work receiving requests from
Apache/nginx/whatever? Or can it be run from the command line?

- is there a way to install ordinary LiveCode on a headless linux box? Or will
the installer demand a GUI to complete?

Many thanks,

Ben