Invalid mac/ios standalone engine file

Andreas Bergendal andreas.bergendal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 09:01:39 EST 2021

Hi all,

So, following the release of LC 9.6.6 rc1, I took the plunge and upgraded my Mac to Monterey (12.1) and Xcode to 13.2.1.

I now want to build an iOS15 version of my app and upload to AppStore, to prevent the crashing that has occurred for users with the iOS14 version.

Everything works fine in the Simulator (iOS15.2), but when I try to build the standalone for upload, I get the error message:
”There was an error while saving the standalone application
invalid mac/ios standalone engine file”

It still actually builds the app, but I’m afraid of uploading it to AppStore after such an error message.

I have so far done the following:
- Using macOS Monterey 12.1
- Using Xcode 13.2.1
  - Selected Xcode 13.2.1 in the Command Line Tools section in Xcode
  - Reinstalled the Command Line Tools just in case (following hint in the Forum)
- Using LiveCode 9.6.6 rc1 (Pro)
  - Selected the correct path in LC to Xcode 13.2.1, green-lighted
- Turned the Mac off, and on again...

With a development provisioning profile everything works fine when deploying to the Simulator.
With a development provisioning profile the error message appears and it doesn’t deploy to my physical device (iPhone X, iOS 15.2).
With a distribution provisioning profile the error message appears when building a standalone.

All certificates and provisioning profiles are valid.

Why, oh why, does it not work?

Hoping for a solution before the New Year! :)
Wishing you all a Happy New Coding Year 2022!
/Andreas