Sorting cards

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 15:19:30 EST 2021

jacqui jagged,

>What's the best way to ignore the previous sort order?

I think what you’re looking at here isn’t even livecode itself.

Just about any computer sort doesn’t change the order of two objects that “tie”
during a sort—whichever was first, remains first.

I think you’re going to need to store the original order.

Or add a field or property of original_order, with the card number.  Then you
could sort by *that* to restore the order before going to your second field.