Is it normal to not be able to set script of objects in an encrypted stack?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 30 14:42:04 EST 2021

I would hope that would be the behavior. It would also make it harder for
your stack to get borked by someone else.
If I was trying to break that behavior I would try to put the code into a
variable, encrypt the variable using the password, then set the script of
the object to the encrypted version, although I don't know what algorithm
LC is using.

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 2:13 PM Tom Glod via use-livecode <

> Hi Folks,
>
> Today I found out that if I put a password on my stack, any code that sets
> the script of an object in that stack receives an execution error when
> running as standalone.
>
>  Why is this so?
>
> And is there a workaround?
>
> Thanks,