chartsEngine bug with version 10 of LC

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Tue Dec 28 12:27:06 EST 2021

Scott:

 > why "9.6.6-rc-1” evaluates as not less than 5
 > but "10.0.0-dp-1” evaluates to less than 5.

That's the tricky thing about dotted versions;
easy to forget and set up a text comparison:

"9" > "5"
"1" < "5"

Once you have two dots, or an rc/dp, it's a string.
They seem to compare perfectly...until you pass 9.
That's why I used integer versions for some libs.

"10.0.0" < "5"

(I should check my code too; thanks for this reminder!)

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

WordLib: Import MS Word and OpenOffice documents in LiveCode!
http://livecodeaddons.com/wordlib.html

Christian LiveCode Training and Consulting
http://livecodeconsulting.com/