Upcoming Changes for WordLib, WordReport, etc.

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Wed Dec 15 04:59:47 EST 2021

For the Curry K. addons I'm happy to announce:
backend, release flow, and pricing changes....

1. MORE, FASTER, A FLURRY!

Finally had a chance to update
the backend for my LC addons.

It's mucho más way-more automated,
so updates can be MORE FREQUENT!

Planned this literally 10 years ago!
But clients ALWAYS come first.
(And improving health took a while.)

--

2. MINOR VERSIONS WILL BE PUBLIC.

The backend will allow better overall flow....

Old way: Big wait ... ... major release.
(Minor versions were usually dp/private,
since public releases were a big process.)

New way: Major, minor, minor, Major, etc.
(Faster fixes, try new stuff sooner.)

--

3. REVISED PRICING TO MATCH.

Also new pricing: $49 per major version.
(Minor updates free for that version.)
Aiming for 1 major version per year.

(Versions will keep working as always;
still version-based, not a subscription.)

WordLib is still the lucky winner
emerging first from the new chute!

A Christmas-y release timeframe,
maybe a coupon code to fit the season.

(WordReport should be next; then we'll see.)

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"
Christian LiveCode Training and Consulting
http://livecodeconsulting.com/