PDF Viewer widget - how to enable interaction?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Thu Dec 9 04:15:24 EST 2021

Thanks Monte.

I should have been more explicit in that I’d tried that technique to handle the linkClicked message - none of the links in my test PDFs (that work in Preview and Adobe) fire it.

Assuming I’ve not missed any widget properties, it looks like there’s a problem with the underlying PDFium library not finding ‘clickables’ in the PDF documents - or the LC wrapping has a bug...

If navigation is under script control the documentation suggests that every ‘clickable’ that works in any PDF viewer would need to be extracted into either the documentBookmarks or documentNamedDestinations arrays to be accessible for scripting - and both are empty for my ‘link-rich’ test PDFs.

Maybe the premium subscription for this widget means that it’s not been accessible for beta-testing by the user community, as I see nothing in the QA centre.
Best,
Keith