LC 9.5.6, Android and JSONToArray

panagiotis m merakosp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 04:51:31 EST 2021

Hello Dan,

I reply here so that other affected users can see it. So, the culprit was
that Dan's stack had "Remote Debugger" in the inclusions, but LC 9.6.5 was
activated with a license that did not include this feature.

Dan had another license that did include the "pro" features (i.e. remote
debugger, pdf widget etc), and once he relicensed LC with this license,
JSONToArray() worked as expected.

What happened under the hood was that an error was thrown when the
standalone was trying to load the Remote Debugger library on startup, and
this error prevented all the other included libraries (including mergJSON)
to load. This is a bug we should fix - i.e. the standalone builder should
only include libraries that are licensed.

You can check if your current license has the pro features using "put the
editionType". If it returns "professional", you do have them. If it returns
"commercial", you do not.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Panos