Android: Sign for development only

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Fri Dec 3 11:31:12 EST 2021

Hi friends,

does it have any limitations if I "Sign for development only"?

I mean, once the user defined the URL to the APK as "trustworthy"
in his security settings on his/her cellphone, he/she can download
and install the app without any problems and dialogs.

I tried with a "selfsigning certificate", worked fine, but the user gets
two warning dialogs:
1. Unknown developer...
2. Upldoad app for checking to GOOGLE...

Not as nice as an unsigned app, see above. :-)

Too bad you can ONLY pay the developer fee via a CREDITCARD!
Big fun, Google!

OK, any hints welcome!

Best

Klaus