Math/logic lessons from B-21 and Afghanistan
curry at pair.com
Thu Aug 19 17:15:55 EDT 2021
(Had some downtime again this week; still under the weather.)
Here are a couple of additional math/logic lessons seen in media,
which can be applied equally well to LC code and software dev....
A. Periodic Task Optimization (B-21 bomber stealth coating repair):
1. Calculate impact of various defects/needs on actual performance.
2. Trigger targeted action when an area's impact passes threshold.
Result: "cuts down maintenance time between missions significantly"
(Nice! I've used a similar approach for periodic intensive tasks.)
B. Prerequisites and ordering tasks (Afghanistan pullout):
1. Orderly free movement of people requires security and logistics.
2. Movement from Point A to Point B requires first reaching Point A.
3. Therefore, evacuate civilians before collapsing security operation.
Result: "Taliban fighters blocking checkpoints and assaulting Afghans"
(Whoops. Best to consider prerequisites before - "pre" - the event!)
Happy coding! Hopefully I'll be back in action next week....
Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"
LiveCode Training and Consulting
More information about the use-livecode