Complete Crash or Engine Hang: which is better?

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Apr 29 15:40:19 EDT 2021

Style runs can also speed up your app.
I have a scrolling group of 1 field with 200 lines. I put ellipses on every line that the text does not fit horizontally. Doing this in the field became impractical after the number of lines got too large. The solution was to assemble a styled text array(using mesuretext) and then inserting the styled array into the field. I have to go back and look but I think there was a 10x or more performance increase for my average case. In any case it became sub-second instead of seconds.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net