IOS required SDK

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Apr 23 17:13:58 EDT 2021

On 4/23/2021 5:02 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> Apple will require SDK 14 for new or updated iOS apps. Due to
> incompatible 32-bit software, I'm still on Mojave. Does this mean I
> need to update to Big Sur or Catalina before I can build for iOS?
>
> I don't suppose there's any way to do it on Mojave? I've been dreading
> this...

I run Mojave on a Macbook Pro and use VirtualBox to have a Catalina and
Big Sur VMs as I too have 32 bit software I want to be able to continue
to run. I do macOS development under Mojave and only use the Catalina
and/or Big Sur VMs for testing or builds (if for some reason I need to
check a build under one of those OSes. Both Catalina and Big Sur work
with VirtualBox. VMs are of course slower, but he ability to back them
up, clone them, restore to a specific save point and such I think
outweigh  the speed as a developer tool.