Show Tree widget row contents on hover?

HENRY LOWE hlowe at me.com
Fri Apr 23 12:35:07 EDT 2021

Keith,

Take a look at the widget’s ActionInspect message.

The actionInspect message is sent to the widget's script object when the inspect icon is clicked on.
The inspect icon appears when the value string of a particular array element contains a newline character,
OR if it is too large to fit in the space provided. The pPath parameter contains the path to the element whose icon was clicked.

Use the ActionInspect pPath message to get the array element and then use a contextual menu to display the truncated element (tElement):

set the text of btn “TreeView_Contextual_Menu" to tElement
popup button “TreeView_Contextual_Menu"

This requires the user to click on the inspect icon of the truncated array element element to display the full element.

I agree that it would be nice to do this with a hover.

Henry