use-livecode Digest, Vol 211, Issue 27 (AWSS3 in standalone)

Mark Clark markclark at mac.com
Wed Apr 21 13:58:16 EDT 2021

Thanks Tom—I am using it within the dev envionment and it’s a godsend, for sure:) Much better than calling s3cmd or mc client from shell.

But my problem (and it must be mine, lol) is that the same stack that runs well within the development environment fails when I save it as a standalone. So that’s sort of where I am stuck. I have hesitated to file a bug since it is likely just something wrong with me/my environment. Have you been able to create a standalone with the new version? Did you search for inclusions or hand pick them—did I omit something from the list? I just dunno:) I dropped in the replacement from the bug report area and all is well within dev. Build standalone, just doesn’t work at all.

From the Mac console I am seeing this (why is this being done, I wonder)

asynchronously fetching CRL (http://crl.identrust.com/DSTROOTCAX3CRL.crl) for client (Report Server[26475]/0#-1 LF=0)

And also--

UNIX error exception: 17

which may be—
Macro: int EEXIST
“File exists.” An existing file was specified in a context where it only makes sense to specify a new file.

And finally this--

LSExceptions shared instance invalidated for timeout.

I did go ahead and codesign-notarize, etc.,  but still no love. Are you able to build a standalone using the new lib? At least if I know someone else is successful I can be alone in my failures..;)

Mark