Typing Text Into a Locked Field -- Win Surface

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Tue Apr 20 22:09:51 EDT 2021

Hi,

I have a customer (in China) who is reporting that she is able to type text into a locked field on a Windows Surface device.

Context: a LC 9.6.1 runtime application installed on a Windows Surface computer (appears to be a laptop).

Field settings:
lockText = true
transversalOn = true
autoHilite = true

Video sent to me:
https://webfiles-pb.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/video/TypeTextInLockedField.mp4 <https://webfiles-pb.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/video/TypeTextInLockedField.mp4>

Another user in China with a standard Windows computer cannot reproduce that.

I don’t have a Surface to try it out, but my Windows in Parallels installation of the app shows it functioning normally.

Does anyone with a Surface see that happen?

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive