launch url and then close

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Sat Apr 17 19:02:02 EDT 2021

If you really need to you can use VB Script to set focus of the window and
the sending ALT-F4 keystrokes.
or a VB Script command to close a window.

Or Applescript .....if on mac.

I'm sorry I cannot provide an example at the moment.  But I hope that can
set you on your way.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 2:02 PM jbv via use-livecode <

> Hi list,
> On desktop, when a browser window is opened outside
> of LC using the "launch url" command, is there a way
> to close the browser window after a while from the
> LC script ?
> I am not talking about the revbrowser, but the actual
> default browser.
> I guess the answer is "no", as I haven't found anything
> in the doc nor in the forum, but I'm asking anyway.
>
> And second question : when a URL is used in a revbrowser,
> the default browser is used by LC, but does it use the
> same http header as when the same url is entered in the
> address bar of the actual browser ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer