Android splash and icon

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Fri Apr 16 09:42:38 EDT 2021

Hi all,

maybe this is helpful to others...

> Am 16.04.2021 um 12:23 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
> Now I have to find out how to pass the APK to a customer of mine without
> the use of the Google Play Store or something.
>
> Unfortunately my customer does not have a 64bit version of Windows, so
> installing "Android Studio" (64 bit only!) is not an option.
> I tried all available hints on the internet***, downloaded it and the phone asked
> me if I want to install that thing, I clicked YES and after a second I see:
> App was not installed (or what this tells in english)
>
> ***"Unknown software" etc...
>
> No dice so far.
>
> I will find a way... :-)

And I did! :-)

I searched the LC android froum and read a lot of entries until I found the final hint:
I selected "do not sign" in the Android settings, because I do not have any Google
Dev ID or whatever (yet), but had to change it to "Sign for development only".

Then I put it on my "Google Drive" and could finally install it from there on my own device!
Puhhh... :-)

Best

Klaus
--