Positioning object in a loclocked group

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu Apr 15 12:26:24 EDT 2021

Hi Richard and all,

> Am 15.04.2021 um 18:07 schrieb Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Klaus Major wrote:
>> I have a group set to 600*600 pixel and loclocked.
>> Inside of the group there are two invisible objects, a button and a graphic.
>> Now if I:
>> create btn "b1" in grp "THE group"
>> ## and
>> set the loc of btn "b1" of grp "THE group" to whateverX,wahteverY
>> where whateverX and Y are definitively inside of that group!
>> Then the button stays however in the topleft corner of the group.
>> Even moving the button some pixels to right or down does not work.
>> Why, oh, why? :-)
>
> This is counter to my experience, but I may not be understanding the issue.
> If you have a simple sample stack that evidences this, I can take a moment tonight to poke around and adjust the properties to set it right, and report back what was needed.

Thank you for your kind offer!

I created a fresh stack with a grp and now it works!?
on mouseUp pMouseButton
  create button "b1" in grp "el_testo"
  set the loc of button "b1" of grp "el_testo" to the loc of this cd
end mouseUp
No idea what was wrong with my other stack?
Temporary hiccup maybe? :-)

> --
> Richard Gaskin

Best