On the dangers of automated refactoring

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 05:24:46 EDT 2021

Thanks Andre

I enjoyed putting the library together though at the time unit testing and LiveCode just don’t go together. Personally I find developing with tests gives me peace of mind about my code.

As for refactoring, normally defined as the process of improving code without changing it’s behaviour, having a set of tests make it so much more productive.

LiveCode provides a really great platform for unit testing. The language makes it so much more simple to write unit tests of GUIs than any other language that I know. Even my small testing library could drive a GUI script.

I don’t spend much time with LiveCode these days. I always wanted to explore the multimedia capabilities of LiveCode which seem to surfing off into the ether. I never really put the time into getting on top of the multimedia aspects of LiveCode and, in all probability, lack the creativity to build anything of note.

PS Red Lang is going slowly. I haven’t been involved for a while. It’s mainly legacy Rebol, JavaScript, a little Lua and more JavaScript work for me these days.