We don't need a Player (was Re: New(?) Idea for Standalones)

Keith Martin thatkeith at mac.com
Tue Apr 13 11:43:26 EDT 2021

> On 13 Apr 2021, at 11:28, Andre Garzia via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> On the other hand, I think that the SB should create standalones that can actually be deployed, this means that it should be able to handle notarisation on the mac out-of-the-box.

Oh boy, THIS! And everything Richard’s written in this thread.

I’ve come to dread the process of making a deployable standalone, to the point where I actively avoid it. It’s a major PITA and headache inducer. This really is putting me off using LiveCode. I’m not saying ‘in preference to something else,’ just that the experience has become so convoluted and opaque that I work to avoid having to do it.

I’m sure others feel similarly, and that is a Very Not Good Thing for LiveCode.

:’(

---
Keith Martin
Mobile: +44 (0)7909 541365
360 media production, consultancy and training: PanoramaPhotographer.com
Exif Fixer 360 utility: ExifFixer.com
About me: thatkeith.com
---