Intermittent typing delay in script editor.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 8 13:06:12 EDT 2021

Based on the sum of anecdotal evidence, it would appear contributory
factors may be primarily outdated/suboptimal Win timer APIs, coupled
with overzealous file I/O from frequent DB (Dict?) accesses, perhaps others.

The workaround would be time spent focusing on just those specifics.

The solution would be to commit the IDE team to spending at least one
full work day each week to doing their work on Windows (bonus points if
they spend one day a fortnight on Linux).

As a multi-platform tool, scripting work should be robustly productive
regardless of platform.  Wherever it isn't merits attention.

Direct first-hand experience within the core team will bring about
immediate awareness, and thereby resolution, of issues long before
potential new users uninstall LC for its uncommon slowness on Windows
(or UI anomalies/feature abandonment on Linux).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems