Intermittent typing delay in script editor.

thompsonmichael at shaw.ca thompsonmichael at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 8 12:52:02 EDT 2021

I am using LC Indy 9.6.1 Build 15522 in Windows 10 on a Dell XPS - 15-9570
with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz   2.21 GHz Processor, with
16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable) RAM, and a Toshiba 256GB Solid State Drive.

LC normally works lightning fast on this setup but over the last couple of
years I would occasionally experience a sudden slow down in the script
editor for no apparent reason. (Delays of seconds sometimes between typing
and the type appearing on the screen) I would close everything and restart
Livecode and all would be well again. It didn't happen very often so I
tolerated it.  Eventually I noticed this only happened when I used the
'Message Box'. I usually put results into a text field rather than use the
message box but on occasion when I wrote a 'Put' command with out a
destination (in error) the result the message box would appear. It was only
after that that the slowdown would occur. I am still tolerating it and
closing LC when it happens but wonder if anyone else has experienced this
and if there is a work around. I have given up on using the Message Box
deliberately unless absolutely necessary.

See Lagi's post on O7Apr2021

4

>>>years that the unresponsiveness in windows 10 (and probably 7)

>>>is fixed.

>>>Unresponsive to me is typing  10 characters and seeing  them appear one
by

>>>1 after I  have finished typing , or waiting for 3 4 or more seconds

>>>between each debugger step ..

Michael R Thompson