Find Replace in Script Editor with cr

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 11:42:21 EDT 2021

No. I mean using the find/replace tool panel of the script editor to insert
line feed characters to create a new line.

For instance, suppose I have multiple commands on one line separated by ;
and I want to search for semicolon and replace with semicolon followed by
return character to drop the remaining script onto a new line. That kind of
thing. It’s just easier than taking the whole script and pasting into
another text editor to do the same operation. With 17,000 scripts to go
through, it’s a bit tedious doing it by copy paste fix copy paste all the
time.

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 at 15:22, Craig Newman via use-livecode <

> Of course you have to extract the script first (it is a property) then
> work it, then reset the property/
>
> Craig
>
> > On Apr 3, 2021, at 1:43 PM, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just wondering if there is a way of replacing using cr in the
> find/replace
> > panel of the script editor. For example, I have a lot of instances in my
> > inherited code that has 'then put' ... that I want to put over two lines
> > and then, if necessary add an end if later on. Is there a way to insert a
> > cr between 'then' and 'put' from the panel? It would be useful to know
> for
> > other things too.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Sean