Converting from unicode to ASCII

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 23 14:47:21 EDT 2020

No lookup table is needed at all if the relationship between the
original string and the resulting munged file name never needs to also
work the other direction.

If bidirectional derivation is needed, given the limitations imposed by
AWS' naming limitations I would see no way to avoid requiring a lookup
table.

But so far I haven't read anything requiring this to work in both
directions.  Did I miss something?  Does she also rely on an unmunger
function?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems