formattedHeight formattedWidth on android

scott at elementarysoftware.com scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sun Sep 20 22:11:07 EDT 2020

I’ve recently run into what feels like a bug with formattedWidth and formattedHeight of a field in android. I’m attempting to maximize (without clipping) the textSize of a string in a fixed-size field. I have code that works reliably in the IDE and on iOS but not on android. My use case seems to be solvable by first calculating  the amount it is likely to be off and then factoring that in. It seems that there might be some related issues in Bugzilla but I didn’t find anything exactly the same. I’m somewhat new to Android so I always wonder if my stumbles are known limitations that I just can’t find the documentation for.

--
Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)