sudo apt-get install livecode

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:47:27 EDT 2020

Because, in spite of what LiveCode will tell you, the Linux side of
things is marginal and minimal, and
while a .deb might be alright for Debian and its derivatives, it is not
going to be alright for other types
of Linux: "too much work for too little return": I can see it coming.

Also: why is the installer app "silly"? It is no worse or no better
than  the installer apps for Macintosh and Windows,
and I, for one, have no real problem with any of them.